Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I love the holidays, but…

“It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas everywhere you go…” in September. I’m not going to dwell on the whole “the holidays start earlier every year” concept. I think we’ve all accepted it at this point, and in some part, embrace it. I love the decorations, the smiles, the secrets, the fun, and the anticipation. I really do love the side conversations I have with people in a grocery aisle or some ridiculously long line. Winter weather makes you want to get cozy; lights twinkle all over; “tis the season to be jolly.”
Inevitably, we all come down with, what I am now going to term, the Holiday Stress Bug. I’m not original – I’m sure someone else has coined a term. Work, school, vacation, family, buying the right presents, settling the plans, food, weight gain, new exercise regimes to curb the weight gain, spending over what you budgeted, other holiday shoppers, incessant Christmas music, finding the best deals, wrapping, travelling, cooking, attending parties… I’m sure there’s more. I love the holidays, but seriously? On top of our regular, stressful lives we tag on more, and we love this!!! Thanksgiving! Christmas! New Years! 5 (6?) weeks of pure insanity. We eat it up every year – I know I do – but goodness! I have a case of the Bug for sure, and now I am starting to understand why some people might not enjoy this festive season as much as I do. Don’t get me wrong – I’m not turning into Scrooge here… I’m just simply coming up with a term for what I’m dealing with. J
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment