Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thinking...

This time of the year always seems to generate a lot of thinking for me. No - it's not just the holidays, but about how much this period of the year (mid-November) has an effect on my life.

Let's start with the foundation. My parents met around this time in 1972. Can you believe it? They've known each for *39* years!! I'm grateful for it of course, without them I wouldn't be writing this blog entry; however, I can't even begin to comprehend spending that much time with one other person. Kudos to them but WOW!!!

If things had turned out differently a few years ago, I would have celebrated 4 years in marriage this year. I can't imagine being married right now, especially with all the life experiences I've had since then. What if I *was* married though? I'd maybe have kids or maybe I'd be divorced... who knows? My life would probably be completely different... and honestly - thank goodness it's not.

It goes on and on, with marriages, changes, etc. It makes me wonder what would my life be like if any of those events were different? I committed to change my life and make working out a part of it. I've stuck to that, moreover I've become a runner! The project in Idaho ended about this time last year too. I spent a year and half doing that, and this weekend was at a wedding to celebrate my old roomie's marriage because of that.

And then I realize, over and over again, how wonderful it is that my life has turned out to be the way it is! I'm so lucky. We forget sometimes, especially when we get caught up in the daily grime. So, I thank all the special people in my life for being apart of it.

(((HUGS)))

No comments:

Post a Comment