Sunday, November 28, 2010

Slipping through my fingers...

Here is my random thought for this morning. (I have a post to write about what I’m thankful for…Yes – I’m behind on that one, since Thanksgiving was 4 days ago. OOPS)

Ok, so honestly – Where does time go? I’m realizing I really am getting older. Usually I somehow mutter something or another, and I just kind of accept it (kind of). It’s life, right? But, these days, there are obvious changes – I don’t get ID’d at a liquor store (SAD); I get referred to being in my late 20s/early 30s versus the assumption that I just finished college (first time ever a woman pegged me as being much older than I am); 10 year high school reunion; my health is changing (enough said); more bills than I care to think about (with age, comes responsibility? or maybe just more expensive tastes); my body can’t handle long, late nights (I need my *sleep*); the amount of grey hair ever present on my head; etc.

Here’s the thing that made me think of all this – I had my glasses on last night, and I looked in the mirror for just a second and literally did a double take. Granted, I don’t wear my glasses often, but I didn’t recognize myself. There was someone else staring at me – I looked so different for that minute. Yes – I looked older.

Mortality is a reality, and I understand that. But I can’t help wonder: where does time go? I’m in my late 20s, and if this is what it feels like now… and everyone says that once you have a family and all that, it goes by faster (This is with the assumption that I find that…)… am I going to wake up one day and feel like my life just flashed by? I don’t think I want to know the answer.

So, I’ll start off my thankfulness for this season with this: I am thankful to be young and have my life in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment