Sunday, December 5, 2010

Where did it come from?

You know that feeling in the pit of your stomach? Kind of like nerves, or excitement, or anticipation. That feeling you get the night before something big or fun? I’ve had this feeling for a few days now, and I’m not sure why. However, don’t let me lead you astray to think I’m complaining – I’m not. It literally makes me happy. A simple feeling that I really can’t place, but it’s nice to have it again. It’s been a while… Miss J reminded that I have a lot going on that is new and exciting. Very true. 

Yes, work is stressful and busy – too many deadlines and unrealistic expectations, but what else is new? I am officially changing roles this month, with less travel, new experiences, and more fulfillment. At least, that’s what I’m hoping for.

Yes, I decided to get a kitten. Mr. Charlie will be coming home on Thursday. I’ll post pictures once he comes home. I know everyone will love him – he’s already loved by so many who know my happy news. He’s adorable and regal all in one.

Yes, it’s the holidays, which puts a smile on my face any time I see pretty lights or people being festive. 

Yes, I got my apartment organized and cleaned in anticipation of Charlie, but also because it really needed it. Who can complain about a clean home that I can actually enjoy?

Yes, I’m running a lot. I’m running the Decker Half Marathon next week with my girls and full on training for the marathon in February. I can’t complain with continuing to advance despite setbacks here and there (aka laziness).

Yes, I’m rebuilding  some of my relationships and building new ones. I still have one that I need to work on but again, progress has been made.

So, yay to that feeling because I need it like air. I need to be reminded of how these little things make my life so special.

1 comment:

  1. I love it that you will get a kitten! But what will you do when you travel for days at a time? Auntie Pia is way too far away to take care of Mr. Charlie!!! :-/

    ReplyDelete