Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Tuesday

Happy Tuesday 
&
Happy Valentine's Day!!! 


Hope everyone had a great weekend! I'm a little late on my posting for the week, but here's what I'm looking forward to:

  1. Valentine's Day/Date Night/Concert - I'm wrapping this one up all in one. It may be a generic holiday for some, but I still like Valentine's Day.  It's an excuse to find something fun and interesting to do rather than just go to dinner and a movie. Plus, you get presents! :-) Bf and I are going to dinner and to see Bob Schneider at ACL Live. It's the first time I've ever gotten to go to ACL Live, first time the Bf has seen Bob (not sure he really knows the music - hmm, maybe I should give him a preview?), and first time we're going to a concert together. :-)
  2. Reading - I got to read a lot this weekend - finished The Lightening Thief (the first of a series of cute books) and now reading the ever popular book 1 of the Hunger Games. I'm looking forward to reading some more this week... Although, I'm noticing that my reading is heavily influenced by teenagers. Wonder where that's coming from?
  3. Knitting Blog Idea - I started to knit a couple of years ago. It's really enjoyable and fun (fast projects provide quick wins!)... although I'm not fast because I don't practice enough. (I have like 3 projects in progress. Seriously - girl's craft night reallllly needs to start happening. Ha - except I'm still coordinating that one!) The main reason I started knitting was because I love scarves, but I got tired of paying for ones that I could tell I make myself. Anyways, I don't do it very often but I'm always scouring for ideas and patterns. I've been checking out some knitting blogs over time, and I have come to realize that the knitting style I was taught is very unique - combined or combination knitting. (Thanks Mama!) The most popular styles are English or Continental, while combined is a dying form. Given that there is very little information on the web (it looks like one lady with her own website? Granted - she has a loooot of information. Maybe a few other random blogs?) I've been thinking that maybe I could write some of my own DIY entries (or a vBlog?!)...? It's something to ponder and figure out what's the best way to approach it... but I'm inspired! 
What are you looking forward to this week? 
Hope it's all fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment