Monday, February 6, 2012

Happy Mondays!


I decided that there can’t be a better way to start off a week right by using Monday morning blogs for inspiration and positivity for the week (on a day when all of us wish it were really Sunday morning). I’m not putting a limit on the number but generally the goal is to think of 5…

Here we go:
  1. Morning coffee – I am super crabby and lazy in the mornings (shocker?). If it were left up to me, I would go to Starbucks every morning. Don’t get me wrong – I am one of Starbuck’s favorite patrons, but I also like to try to keep my “checkbook” balanced (ok – ok – it’s really the CC balance at the end of the month). My boyfriend, who doesn’t drink coffee, makes me the best cup of joe if I smile sweetly (or grumble). I don’t know how he does it, but my morning coffee never tastes as good as when he makes it. I still visit Starbucks in the mornings to get me going, but these days – his coffee is much tastier.
  2. Cold mornings – Mother Nature hasn’t been able to make up her mind this year. Spring, winter, practically summer? Seriously? But this morning was crisp, perfect for pulling out a pretty sweater and using it accessorize my outfit.
  3. Seeing my best friend and new hubs – I got to see them yesterday, and it was a small slice of joy. Not only that, but we have a double date set up already! And here I was worried they would disappear into the eternal abyss marital bliss, and instead, I may get to see them more than I had in previous months? I’ll take it!
  4. Closet reorganization – I bought new hangers and am starting Project Closet Reorg. If anyone has seen even just a peek of my closet, we all know that this is a major, multi-step undertaking. So far, I’m loving how the new hangers are making a little bit more room (not as much as I’d hoped – naiveté), and I can SEE what’s in my closet a lot better. I’ll try to take some pictures and maybe right a post about it. DIY seems to be the in-thing for blogs these days.
  5. Positive thoughts on a Monday – the idea of posting blogs every Monday to kicking off my week with a smile.
  6. Workout rejuvenation – I’ve been a lazy butt for the last couple of months, but I’ve somehow managed to keep pounds off (for the most part). However, I need physical activity like I need air – so I’m getting back into it this week. Running (gasp), kickboxing, cross-training, and Bikram yoga – some combination of those four that weekly leads to me working out 4-5 days a week. I’ve set the goal. I ordered a bridesmaid dress yesterday (size 6!!!), and the wedding is a little over 15 weeks away (May 12th). Goal is set, and it happily coincides with the beginning of swimsuit season. Done and done! =)
There ya have it my friends – those are my positive thoughts for this Monday morning. What your happy thoughts for the day to get your week started off right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment